Southwest Airlines partnered with Loyalty Methods to launch the All-New Rapid Rewards program. A new platform and program that will provide substantial growth well into the future.
Joe Migis, VP, Product Solutions – Technology, said “Loyalty Methods’ strength was the people they brought to the project. They have a phenomenal understanding of the product and a get-it-done attitude that matched up well with the legendary Southwest Airlines Warrior Spirit.”
The innovative program rewards customers based on value and profitability providing a better value proposition for both customer and Southwest. the Program now allows members to redeem their points for every seat available, with no blackout dates or seat restrictions.
According to Gary Kelly, Southwest Airline’s CEO and President, the new program will generate several hundred million dollars in revenue through strategic cross-industry partnerships. Ryan Green, Senior Director of Customer Loyalty and Partnerships says, “The new program is the single biggest product launch in the history of Southwest Airlines.”
“The new program is the single biggest product launch in the history of Southwest Airlines”
Key Benefits That Southwest Realized
- Large-scale data migration of millions of members along with their existing credits and flight flown history into the new platform with minimal downtime.
- Currency conversion from credits to the more granular point-based currency increases program profitability by cross-industry partnerships.
- Enhanced tier structure and redemption options allowing for improved functionality for A-List members and points rules.
- New and powerful ways to define ad hoc promotions which will help further capitalize on Rapid Rewards program.
- Support for substantial future growth of the Rapid Rewards program and partners.
- Interface with large number of internal and external applications such as Southwest.com, Reservations, Kiosk, IVR and program partners.