Southwest Airlines partnered with Loyalty Methods to build a Business Intelligence platform to complement their All-New Rapid Rewards loyalty program.
The solution was built using Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) and Loyalty Analytics, which provides a flexible and scalable platform to Southwest Marketing and Finance departments. The new tool will improve their ability to measure key strategic and operational BI Key Performance Indicators.
The comprehensive data warehouse and BI application are enabled by integrating various internal and external data sources including transactional data from the loyalty system. This application allows Southwest to analyze Program, Member, Partner, PNR, Flight flown transactions, coupons, revenue, refunds, and campaign performance
“The ability to access our Customer data in near real-time is essential to our fast-paced marketing activities. If you do not have confidence in the data you are using, then the data warehouse is inherently useless to your business. It is imperative we maintain an accurate, versatile, and high performing analytics environment.”
Key Benefits That Southwest Realized
- Provided a scalable and flexible Business Intelligence platform to support a wider range of business changes and growth.
- Large-scale historical data load of millions of members along with their existing credits and flight flown history into the Oracle OBIEE data warehouse.
- A completely automated daily refresh process to provide business users with access to near real-time enterprise information fed from multiple data sources.
- Analyze the liability of the accrued points, and costs associated with the various redemptions and rewards.
- Interactive Dashboards/Reports allow users to report on Member Acquisition, Points Activity and Walk forward; Partner Points and Billing; Accounts by Trade Zone and Dominant Marketing Area; Behavior Segmentation and Value Migration.
- Empowered end-users and external marketing systems to perform queries without impacting the performance of the operational loyalty systems.
- Solution was delivered with 5 LM resources at peak work-load time.