Seattle-based, Holland America Line (HAL) selected Loyalty Methods to implement their new loyalty initiative, because of their unique experience with large-scale loyalty projects.
The partnership resulted in the successful delivery of a brand new loyalty program that spans across the entire HAL enterprise including systems on their entire 15-ship fleet.
The new system provides improved visibility and recognition of customer loyalty status and rewards eligibility, at every customer touch point. The success of this solution gave HAL one more way to increase customer brand affinity in the highly competitive cruise-line industry. In today’s landscape, companies who can effectively increase their analytical capabilities will thrive and grow. With this project, HAL has transformed themselves into a formidable competitor in driving repeat business and improving the overall experience of their loyal customers.
“Loyalty Methods was a critical partner in insuring a successful launch of our new marketing & loyalty CRM platform. Their dedication, vision and experience was evident from the first day of the engagement.”
The Following Goals Were Achieved With The New System:
- Increased sophistication in providing more tangible benefits to guests to encourage them to work towards achieving higher status through repeat cruises.
- Ability to launch ad hoc promotions using a point-and-click interface, allowing the company to use accruals as incentives to promote select products and services.
- Customers are able to log in online and view their loyalty status, benefits, and recent cruise history.
- Integration with booking and shipboard systems, to provide timely and actionable information to staff about guest preferences, loyalty status, and special offers.
- POS systems integration allows for accruing rewards for customers’ onboard spending, thus encouraging guests to try additional products and services while at sea.
- Marketing operations have a clear picture of customer purchasing history by tapping into on-board loyalty transactions and segmentation based on customer spending behavior.
- Improved audience segmentation from customer loyalty status information from the loyalty platform database.
- A new, flexible user interface for loyalty management call center that allows for a quick and timely response to inquiries, correcting bad customer details, and applying rewards.