Seattle-based Holland America Line (HAL) partnered with Loyalty Methods to complete their largest ever IT project, to deliver an end-to-end solution for Marketing automation and Master Data Management (MDM).
The project was a resounding success. The result was a smooth launch of a new marketing system, which now provides HAL with the ability to lower the cost of their marketing operations as well as improving internal efficiency and accuracy in targeting its customers with relevant offers.
Rick Meadows, Executive Vice President, Marketing, Sales, Guest Programs, says that “Loyalty Methods was a critical partner in ensuring a successful launch of our new marketing and loyalty CRM platform. Their dedication, vision and experience were evident from the first day of the engagement.”
Holland America Line is a luxury cruise line which prides itself on quality and service. With the success of this project, the company has acquired new and powerful capabilities to leverage its customer data to achieve a holistic 360-degree view of customers and deliver on its vision.
“Loyalty Methods was a critical partner in insuring a successful launch of our new marketing & loyalty CRM platform. Their dedication, vision and experience was evident from the first day of the engagement.”
The Project Enabled HAL To Achieve The Following Goals:
- Improve marketing operations with a new platform to execute and track direct mail and e-mail campaigns, record campaign history, and administer automated programs centrally.
- Automatically capture customer clicks, opens, bounces and opt-outs on e-mail campaigns and utilize that information to drive further dialog.
- Provide superior segmentation capabilities, allowing HAL to leverage all of its existing data in an ad-hoc manner where marketing administrators have unprecedented control to try out new ideas and build advanced campaigns and programs at very high volumes.
- Increase customer retention and reduce cancellation rates through automated trigger-based campaigns such as ‘thank you’ e-mail, ‘birthday’ e-mail, ‘welcome home’ e-mail, etc.
- Decrease mailing costs through rigorous MDM covering automated house-holding, address cleansing, and customer record de-duplication algorithms.
- Improve understanding of customer interests and preferences through advanced inquiry management capabilities capturing various surveys, sweepstakes, business reply cards, etc.
- Drive sales by integrating outbound call-center capabilities and dispatching inquiries as leads to sales staff automatically based on skill-set, workload, and other criteria.
- Increase campaign effectiveness using sophisticated predictive model scoring algorithms based on statistical regression models with proven results in campaign effectiveness.