Building on its earlier success, Alaska Airlines partnered with Loyalty Methods once more to implement a state-of-the-art marketing and campaign management system.
The project was another home run and a major milestone for the combined Loyalty Methods-Alaska Airlines team which has proven its delivery capabilities and creativity time and again. Using its new capabilities, the Alaska Airlines Marketing team won the Marketing Sherpa award for building and executing an elegant ‘abandoned shopping cart’ campaign and achieving spectacular results.
Open rate was an eye-opening 81.5%, more than twice the already high average of 36%, while the click-through-rate topped 29.6%, three times better than the previous 8% average. Most importantly, the campaign converted at 12.3%, which was four times better than the previous 2.5% average.
“Their ability to understand both the needs from the business and technical side of the project, allowed us to follow Siebel/Oracle best practices and shorten our implementation time”
Some Of The Key Benefits Allowed Alaska Airlines To:
- Consolidate its target audiences into a single customer master data mart which was then used to feed marketing campaigns.
- Perform advanced segmentation and list generation on millions of records with the ability to do ad-hoc queries on various customer and related transaction attributes.
- Utilize the loyalty system calendar and scheduling functionality to build fully automated event-triggered e-mail campaigns.
- Move to a familiar and well organized user interface for managing marketing campaigns and programs.
- Integrate with TIBCO-based services to enable automatic generation of discount codes which are then embedded inside individual e-mails to customers.
- Provide end-to-end integration with the e-mail vendor WhatCounts to support list uploads from the loyalty-analytics system.
- Provide end-to-end integration with Omniture to support enhanced reporting capabilities.
- Coordinate loyalty promotions and marketing campaigns to execute a timely focused and profitable marketing strategy.